Staffline Ireland are recruiting on behalf of a leading home and giftware retailer for an Assistant Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with an international brand. The Assistant Manager will be highly driven by retail and familiar with all aspects of the day to day operational running of a fast-paced retail store including merchandising, stock management and optimising sales through team performance. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for running the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- To work within the company standards, strategies and initiatives
- To achieve sales targets by minimising costs and managing store budgets
- To deliver excellent customer service standards by example, ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management at all times
- To select, train, develop, review, manage, coach, support and set direction for all members of the store team to ensure high performance / productivity at all times
- To ensure the brand image is showcased through outstanding visual merchandising and service levels
- To minimise product loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed
- To enforce a safe working environment and staff and customer safety procedures
- To ensure stockroom processing and replenishment procedures are in place and that recalls and transfers are completed effectively and in a timely manner
- To walk the shop floor regularly, talking with customers and team members in order to identify and resolve potential and real-time service issues
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
- Deal with all daily issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc.)
- Any other duties role may involve
- 2 years Retail Management in a high footfall, high turnover environment
- Natural leadership ability with a strong desire to motivate and develop the store and its team
- Flair for visual merchandising lifestyle products
- Flexible for evening and weekend work in line with the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills
The successful Assistant Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Assistant Manager role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.