Assistant Manager (Homeless Services) - Belfast
£25,000 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Manager on a full time 2 year fixed-term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding, based in Belfast. Hours are normally be 9am to 5pm, Mon - Fri although some weekend and evening work may be required in line with operational requirements, 37.5 hours per week
Our client is one of Belfast's most well known charities that help people affected by homelessness.
They offer a range of services including a Drop-in Centre, Street Outreach service, Crisis Accommodation for Women, Floating Support service and a Welcome Home project.
Providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across Greater Belfast every year, this is an excellent opportunity to work with, and manage, an excellent team.
As the Assistant Manager you will
- Lead and develop the Case Management Service, providing a holistic support service enabling people who are homeless and vulnerably housed to make the transition from homelessness to home.
- Have experience leading a team, working with marginalised people with a range of complex and multiple needs, developing and coordinating services, have a track record of providing multidisciplinary support and have a strong understanding of homelessness issues.
- Act as a designated lead on, safeguarding children and adults at risk including providing advice and ongoing training to other staff.
- Possess strong leadership skills, is motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering and supporting homeless people.
- Be able to provide a high quality support service and work within the ethos of high tolerance, low threshold services.
- NVQ level 4 qualification in a relevant area of work or an equivalent qualification
- 2 years' experience of delivering support to marginalised groups, work on own initiative and across teams and share knowledge
- 2 years' experience of managing teams with excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills
- Experience of developing and co-ordinating services, good practise in support planning and managing risk
- Experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work
- Knowledge of the benefits, housing, criminal justice, social care and health services in relation to the rights and responsibilities of the client group
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding children and adults with proven track record of actioning concerns
- Understanding of issues relating to homeless and vulnerably housed people
- Understanding and commitment to working within, high tolerance, low threshold and harm reduction support services
- Able to set and meet targets, collate statistical information, evaluate performance and produce qualitative and quantitative reports
- Make decisions, solution focused and remain calm in crisis situations , multitask and work effectively under pressure
- IT proficient with knowledge of Microsoft products
- Friendly, approachable, highly motivated, resourceful and passionate about reducing the numbers of people experiencing homelessness
- Committed to advocating for and raising awareness of the issues homeless people face
- Highly effective and committed to personal and professional development
- Non-judgemental with the ability to empathise , resilient and self-caring
- Flexible approach to working hours
**WE WILL ONLY CONTACT CANDIDATES WHO CLEARLY OUTLINE HOW THEY MEET THE CRITERIA**
- £25,000 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.