Assistant Medical Secretary
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The postholder will support the Medical Secretaries within a specialty/Subspecialty in the provision of a medical secretarial and administrative service to consultant(s) and teams. Audio Typing experience required.
- To undertake any secretarial tasks appropriate to the band as required by the team Medical Secretaries.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations.
- Assist in the coordination of arrangements and documentation to ensure patients receive treatment at the right time, with test results made available to Consultants and Clinical team when necessary.
- Record and process all referrals on the appropriate IT system and undertake checks in line with service protocols and procedures.
- To open and prioritise all incoming mail and action accordingly.
- Typing of correspondence and other documents as required - both audio typing and copy typing.
- To ensure all medical case notes are appropriately maintained in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures.
- Obtain patient's case notes and x-rays as necessary.
- Register new patients and create a new set of patient notes as required.
- Collect and collate statistical information.
- Assist patients and their carers by arranging translation/interpretation facilities.
- Arrange patient transport as and when required as per local arrangement.
- The post holder will be working in a changing environment. They will be expected to adapt to change and undertake other duties within the band of the post as required.
- The execution of other duties (appropriate to the grade) which may be assigned from time to time.
- 4 GCSEs Grade C or above, to include English, or equivalent AND 1 year's secretarial/clerical experience
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 1 year's secretarial experience/clerical experience
- 2 years' secretarial/clerical experience and GCSE Grade C or above in English or equivalent
- RSA/OCR Stage II word processing/typewriting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access and PowerPoint.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.