Assistant Operational Manager
Assistant Operational Manager
Temporary Assistant Operational Manger required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 11.20
Location: Herron Road - Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Post holder will assist the Service Manager, Supplies & Logistics with the daily management of the Supplies & Logistics fleet of vehicles & Drivers. They will provide Patient Experience services in a customer-focused manner ensuring delivery of appropriate quality services, which will achieve value for money within the delegated budget allocations.
They will provide advice regarding Supplies & Logistic Services, Health & Safety, and administer the review of processes and procedures for Patient Experience in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and plan the work of teams and individuals to achieve team objectives.
- Line manage Driver team and ensure the effective and efficient deployment of staff at all times.
- Implement plans to meet customer requirements and lead change as appropriate.
- Monitor the levels of service required and ensure that service needs are met.
- Maintain the overall quality of service within their area of responsibility.
- Assist with the development and review of duty rosters and work schedules.
- Assist the Service Manager in the development of annual programme of work under the remit of the post holder to ensure the achievement and maintenance of legislative and other relevant standards.
- Assist in the management, monitoring and review a range of Patient Experience services as required within their area of responsibility.
- Assist in developing systems and procedures to meet operational requirements including contingency plans for emergency situations.
- Make recommendations regarding the use of resources and control their effectiveness and economical use.
- Participate in the handling / investigation of patient / public complaints ensuring appropriate follow up action is taken.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out in accordance with Trust Health & Safety Policy.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, new policies and good practice.
- In the event of staff shortage the post holder will be expected to carry out a range of patient experience task
A management qualification at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent plus at least one year's recent suitable junior management experience within the provision of Patient Experience Services
Worked for at least three years in a junior management role where you have gained experience in the provision of Patient Experience Services
Organisational skills · IT skills including data input · Well-developed written and oral communication skills · Ability to work within a team · Flexibility in start/finish times to meet service requirements · Numeracy/literacy skills · Client focused and ability to use initiative
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.