Assistant Principal: Legal
Salary: €70,399 - €87,734
Location: Dublin or regional office
The Health and Safety Authority has a wide and varied mandate which includes acting as the national body with responsibility for protecting all workers nationwide from work-related incidents, injuries and ill health. The Authority acts as the national accreditation body for Ireland through INAB.
The Authority is currently undergoing significant growth as it takes on new and expanding functions. We currently have a number of exciting opportunities to join us as we grow and transform our organisation
Reporting to the Head of Legal Affairs, the Legal, Assistant Principal supports the Authority's criminal prosecution caseload and provides legal services and legal advice to the Authority. This senior position represents an unparalleled opportunity for an ambitious, enthusiastic and dedicated legal professional. Key accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides practical legal advice on regulatory and workplace safety matters to the Authority's multidisciplinary team of inspectors
- Liaises with, and provides legal advice to, inspectors who are conducting investigations and inspections in a range of diverse workplaces
- Assists with the management of the Authority's prosecution case load, including liaison with the Office of the DPP and regular consultations with prosecuting and Advisory Counsel and attendance at trials.
- Reviews prosecution files prepared by the inspectorate, in accordance with the established procedures of the Authority, and liaises with the Head of Legal Affairs regarding the review.
- Advises on civil matters including appeals of enforcement notices, injunction applications, third party discovery motions and judicial review.
- Assists with the provision of legal advice to the Authority and for all divisions of the Authority.
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Legal affairs.
For further information and to apply you must complete an online application on Staffline GetGot, to find a link to this page either visit:
- Public job boards (PAS) site
- HSA website
- Staffline Ireland Website https://staffline.getgotjobs.co. uk/home
- Apply using a blank CV and we will email you a link
The closing date for completed applications is 5.00pm, Thursday 26th May 2022. CV's will not be accepted for this role.
The Health and Safety Authority is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourages applications under the nine grounds of the Employment Equality Acts.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras i nGaeilge.