Assistant Procurement Officer
Band 3 Assistant Procurement Officer
Temporary Band 3 Assistant Procurement Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust at BSO, Boucher Road.
Rate of Pay: £10.09
Location: BSO, Boucher Road
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To assist the Procurement Officer in the provision of a value for money procurement service to Health and Social Care (NI) (HSCNI) customers in line with Regulations and ISO 9001 procedures, ensuring Service Level Agreement and Business Plan objectives are achieved. The role is principally concerned with operational procurement.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchasing goods and services in accordance with HSCNI procedures to achieve value for money
- Liaising with and providing assistance to customers on procurement matters
- Operating a PC and computer systems to facilitate the delivery of a procurement service
- Resolving invoice queries in conjunction with HSCNI Shared Services to ensure prompt payment of suppliers
- Responding to queries from suppliers
- Liaising with BSO PaLS colleagues in all PaLS sites on procurement related matters including the participation in groups (if required)
- Any other duties as required within the Band of the post GENERAL REQUIREMENTS The post holder will be required to:
- Ensure the Organisation's policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Organisation's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- Adhere at all times to all Organisation policies/codes of conduct, including for example: * Smoke Free policy * IT Security Policy and Code of Conduct * standards of attendance, appearance and behaviour Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- Co-operate fully with regard to Organisation policies and procedures relating to infection prevention and control.
- Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- All employees of the BSO are legally responsible for all records held, created or used as part of their business within the BSO including patients/clients, corporate and administrative records whether paper-based or electronic and also including emails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the general public, with limited exceptions, under the Freedom of Information act 2000 the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Employees are required to be conversant with the BSO policy and procedures on records management and to seek advice if in doubt.
- Take responsibility for his/her own ongoing learning and development, in order to maximise his/her potential and continue to meet the demands of the post. 8. Represent the Organisation's commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to patients/clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she comes into contact in the course of work, in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner.
A minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade A-C to include Mathematics and English OR relevant NVQ Level 2 or GNVQ qualification plus 1 year's relevant experience.
Two (2) years' relevant work-based experience.
**Relevant experience should be within a general commercial/business environment and could include customer service, retail, clerical, and/or administration work.
- Ability to meet high standards of quality and professionalism
- Ability to maintain and continuously improve customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage, analyse and evaluate information to ensure delivery of an effective and efficient service. Interview / Test Knowledge
- Ability to operate PC software and business applications.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.