Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require an Assistant Solicitor to join their team.
Role : Assistant Solicitor
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £16.98 13 weeks + £18.85
1 Year fixed Term Contract
Main Duties :
- Carry out professional duties as a qualified Solicitor including the provision of legal services, advice, support and advocacy in connection with an assigned caseload in relation to Land and Property.
- Provide accurate, timely and professional legal advice on matters (including the interpretation of legislation) to officers of the Council and other bodies, and to draft reports, attend meetings and committees in relation to same as directed.
- To Assist the Council Solicitor (Land and Property) in the provision of legal advice in relation all land and property matters which relate to Councils' functions and Council's estate and property portfolio.
- Liaise with Councils' Land and Property Department, Capital Works and Infrastructure Department providing strategic guidance and support to the chief executive, elected members and council officers as required.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Be admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Northern Ireland and hold a current practising certificate.
- Have a minimum of two year's post qualification experience of providing legal advice on Land and Property matters, including first registration and use of Land Registry Landweb system.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.