Assistant Store Manager
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Manager with a passion for homeware to join our flagship store. You will be highly driven by retail and familiar with all aspects of the day to day operational running of a fast-paced retail store including merchandising, stock management and optimising sales through team performance.
As Assistant Manager you will report to the Store Manager, who is responsible for the stores overall commercial success. In the absence of the Store Manager it will be you who will be responsible for the successful running of the store. You will be their biggest support, and you will work closely together to ensure you beat targets and provide an excellent in store experience for customers.
You will have:
- Strong organisational and management skills and have a minimum of 2 years management experience in a fast paced company.
- Experience in managing and motivating a team to increase sales and profitability goals and ensure efficiency.
- Be able to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service.
- Can confidently make decisions which can positively impact store turnover
- Strong retail floor presence with the ability to maintain excellent store presentation and work alongside the Visual Merchandiser to create outstanding displays
- Flexible and adaptable in your work, in line with the changing needs of the business
- The ability to multitask
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc.)
- Experience with cash management procedures
- Retail Management: 2 years in a high footfall, high turnover environment
- Natural leadership ability with a strong desire to motivate and develop the store and its team.
- Flair for visual merchandising lifestyle products
- Flexible for evening and weekend work in line with the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skillsSalary dependant on experience