|Salary||Up to £12.25 per hour|
|Published||26 days ago|
Assistant Support Services Manager
Daisy Hill Hospital
The Client: Local Public body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Assistant Support Services Manager will support the Support Services Manager in the provision of Catering, Domestic and Portering Services to ensure they are provided in an effective and efficient manner which supports the delivery of patient centred care
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain the effective and efficient delivery of catering, domestic and portering services within the area of responsibility.
- To monitor the ordering and delivery of provisions and cleaning materials ensuring good stock control.
- To monitor the quality of services provided and take action as appropriate to ensure they are responsive to changing demands and meet the standard of service required.
- To complete Environmental Cleanliness / Food Safety audits and to take appropriate action as necessary.
- To ensure that departmental standards are maintained at all times.
- To plan and implement duty rotas and organise relief cover if required.
- To plan and implement work schedules.
- To ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place for opening and closing of departments and buildings.
- To be responsible for the reconciliation and security of cash and floats.
- To ensure that all catering/domestic stores are maintained in a clean, hygienic, safe and secure condition.
- To report any accidents /incidents.
- To participate in the management of the Trust's external contracts i.e. Pest Control.
- To manage and organize staff accommodation.
- To participate in the training of staff and to ensure they are fully trained and competent to undertake their duties.
- To manage Sickness/Absence in accordance with Trust policies and procedures.
- To establish and maintain sound working relationships with Ward Managers / Heads of Departments.
- To deputise for Line Manager if required.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Trust supports and promotes a culture of collective leadership where those who have responsibility for managing other staff.
- Establish and promote a supportive, fair and open culture that encourages and enables all parts of the team to have clearly aligned goals and objectives, to meet the required performance standards and to achieve continuous improvement in the services they deliver.
- Ensure access to skills and personal development through appropriate training and support.
- Promote a culture of openness and honesty to enable shared learning.
- Encourage and empower others in their team to achieve their goals and reach their full potential through regular supportive conversation and shared decision making.
- Adhere to and promote Trust policy and procedures in all staffing matters, participating as appropriate in a way which underpins Trust values.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week
Monday- Friday 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, or 9am-5pm (1 weekend in 3)
3rd Level qualification in Hospitality Management or related subject
an appropriate professional qualification plus a minimum of 1 years supervisory experience in Support Services in a Healthcare
Hospitality environment OR a minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory position in Support Services in a Healthcare or Hospitality environment.
Rates of pay £12.24 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.