The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: To provide a modern, effective internal audit, governance and risk management service to a public body in Lisburn through provision of an excellent assurance and advisory service. To assist the Head of Audit and Risk and the relevant managers in achieving the overall aims and objectives of the service as set out in its Strategy and Plan by ensuring completion of work to agreed quality, time and budget targets.
- To undertake planned internal audit assignments using the risk-based audit approach/appropriate audit techniques/methodologies.
- To access control environments/assurance frameworks by: Interviewing relevant personnel, Challenging and verifying information obtained, Evaluating risk and controls, Drawing conclusions, Documenting and reporting findings and Recommending and agreeing actions with management.
- To provide professional, technical advice and guidance on financial/no financial audit, risk, control and governance matters.
- To review and advise management on policies, procedures, guidance notes and regulations.
- To undertake unplanned audits/assignments as required, for example, fraud, financial property and whistle-blower related investigations and consultancy work.
- To advise on major system implementations and projects.
- To facilitate risk management arrangements, to include business continuity management, when required.
- To promote the service and effective assurance, governance and risk arrangements through the delivery of appropriate training to staff.
- To represent the service, where appropriate, at meetings involving elected members, senior management and external bodies.
- To carry out follow-up reviews to determine the extent to which audit recommendations have been implemented.
- To be responsible for the successful completion of designated projects and audit assignments including the prioritisation of time on all projects to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- To maintain and operate performance measures and targets within the overall policy framework of Audit, Governance and Risk Services (ARGS) to ensure the delivery of reports to quality, time and budget.
- To keep under review new developments in internal audit and related professional fields and to make periodic recommendations to senior management.
- To comply with relevant professional standards and maintain professional competence.
- To assist management, where required, in the development of strategic and operational plans.
- To develop effective working relationships with senior and operational managers at all levels throughout and to provide advice and assistance on ad-hoc issues.
- To motivate and manage staff assigned to the post holder to ensure effective service delivery and to be responsible for reviewing and implementing a proper staff training and development programme.
- To supervise, manage and review the work of any staff, that may be assigned, within the post holders sphere of responsibility in line with procedures and policies including, absence management, disciplinary and grievance.
- To participate in all induction and in-service training provided and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management procedures as appropriate.
- To participate as directed in the selection interview programme.
- To act in accordance with the departmental policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, health and safety and any pertinent legislation.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the body
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in a relevant discipline,- Membership of a professional body affiliated to Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) or be a fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors.
A minimum of four years' relevant post qualification experience in each of the following three areas:
- Undertaking planned internal audit assignments using appropriate audit techniques and methodologies.
- Providing professional advice and guidance to management on audit, risk and governance matters; and Effective planning and project management skills
- Undertaking unplanned assignments including investigations or consultancy work relating to audit, risk, control and governance matters.
- Rates of pay £21.13 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.