Audit Manager - Public Sector
Audit Manager - Public Sector - Remote Working
Staffline Recruitment Ireland is currently partnering with a Public Sector body to recruit an Audit Manager. This organisation manages funding programmes on behalf of a range of government departments and the primary focus of this role will be to manage a team who ensure monies are spent for the purposes intended and that funding is appropriately claimed in line with programme / scheme rules.
This organisation's head office is located in Dublin City Centre but due to the nature of this role, it is possible to work remotely and /or be based in any of this organisation's regional offices.Location should not be an issue if you are interested!
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, motivating and supervising field based audit teams. The post holder will play a lead role in ensuring the delivery of the commitments outlined in the respective programme delivery agreements and reporting on same. A key requirement of the position is an ability to plan, ensure delivery, and escalate matters as appropriate. A high degree of flexibility is expected, as well as the ability to significantly contribute to the management team, work autonomously and be solution focused.
- Positively lead, motivate and encourage the team whilst maintaining momentum and motivation under pressure
- Ensure that all staff adhere to standards and procedures
- Engage in the company business planning processes and ensure the key deliverables are captured appropriately and reflected in the operational plans/Programme delivery agreements
- Ensuring delivery of all targets/KPI's in the operational plans and reporting on same in a timely manner
- Assist in the compilation of the annual audit plan in conjunction with the Audit Director and monitor the delivery of same on an ongoing basis
- Provide oversight of the planned programme of work and ensuring appropriate solutions are put in place in relation to any issues arising to mitigate any risks identified
- Conduct quality assurance checks as appropriate to ensure accuracy and consistency of approach in relation to all verification/audit reports
- Provide oversight and monitor the internal reporting structures in place including debtor management
- Deliver on all reporting requirements and capturing the results of the onsite visits effectively to meet the needs of the management, the Executive/strategic management, the CEO and the Board
- Keeping abreast of all government requirements pertaining to the management of grant aid and public accountability requirements as well as the evolving regulatory requirements ie Charites regulator etc
- Undertake risk audits of beneficiaries of all Pobal managed programmes as assigned and provide regular updates
- Conduct an analysis of a diverse range of data to include previous audit reports, internal/external information, etc
- Encouraging the introduction of preventative measures, remedies and appropriate supports internally through the identification of the common issues arising in audit reports
- Provide advice and guidance regarding eligibility and best practice in terms of financial controls etc
- Proactively engage with external stakeholders as well as internally in the interest of encouraging shared learning and fostering collaborative relationships
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience as an internal or external auditor for at least 5 years
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or equivalent is essential
- Strong people management experience
- Excellent financial management experience
- Evidence of producing high quality reports within prescribed timescales
- Presentation skills and experience
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook coupled with CAD, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Knowledge of the community/voluntary/public sector is desirable
- Knowledge of EU and Government Accounting Regulations and public accountability requirements and the regulatory environment ie charities regulator etc is desirable
- Significant experience in forensic accounting or auditing grant claims is desirable
- Drivers licence & provision of car for business purposes will be necessary
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
A salary in the region of €55,668 - €76,476 will be payable for this role.