B2 Medical Lab Assistant
|Salary||Up to £10.42 per hour|
|Published||22 days ago|
|Contact email||Rhianna Mooney|
Band 2 Medical Lab Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital
Pay Per Hour: £10.42
The post-holder will facilitate the Belfast Trust Laboratories in the technical and practical aspects of delivering a comprehensive service. This includes booking in, processing, labelling, cataloguing, storage and retrieval of samples as well as other general laboratory routine and non-routine tasks, which do not require the skill and training of a state registered Biomedical Scientist.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONISBILITIES
- Perform general sample reception and pre-analytical duties.
- Sort and distribute specimens.
- Assist in data processing within the laboratories.
- Sort and distribute laboratory reports.
- Receipt, delivery and storage of goods where appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and efficient working area.
- Prepare appropriate solutions/reagents where necessary.
- Remove and dispose of laboratory waste according to departmental procedures.
- Be aware of and adhere to all current Health and Safety regulations.
- Communicate effectively with the laboratory team and users of the service.
- Attend, as appropriate, meetings relating to the Belfast Trust Laboratories service.
- Must adhere to all Policies and Procedures within the Belfast Trust
- Perform any other duties required by the line manager commensurate with grade
2 GCSE's (Grades A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent PLUS 1 year's relevant laboratory experience.
4 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grades A-C) or equivalent
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna Mooney.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.