B2 RECEPTIONIST WITH CLERICAL DUTIES
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 2 Receptionist with Clerical Duties
Rate of Pay: £9.21phr
Location: Radiotherapy Dept Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 37.5hrs - M-F - 8.45am-4.45pm
The post holder will provide receptionist, administrative and clerical duties within the Radiotherapy Department. The reception duties will be the first point of contact for patients attending for radiotherapy treatment for cancer.
- Provide confidential reception duties to the patients attending on a daily basis for Radiotherapy treatment for cancer.
- Adhere and maintain all current Infection Control policies; including the wearing of PPE as advised.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the reception area as advised, in line with the BHSCT Infection Control Policy (including COVID-19) and complete relevant documentation.
- Clear and excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Liaise with client, staff and other departments internal and external to the Trust to ensure a full and efficient service.
- Liaise with Health Care Professionals from other departments eg passing on information to the radiography staff on the treatment units, relating to the patients.
- Clear and excellent telephone manner.
- Follow and maintain all Trust Social Media and Confidentiality Policies.
- Participate in general office duties in accordance with Local Policies & Procedures, ie filing, preparing patient information leaflets, photocopying, scanning and data entry etc.
- Use IT Systems available to record and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held / or heard in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Issuing and recording car parking tickets to patients attending for OP treatment.
- Topping up cup dispensers.
- Re-directing telephone calls and passing on patient information to the staff on the treatment units.
- Follow and adhere to the BHSCT relevant policies eg ICT Security, Data Protection, Patient Confidentiality, Uniform Policy etc.
- Provide cover as required for other staff within the Department during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Any other duties as appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
*4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification.
*NVQ Level II in Administration.
*A minimum of one year's administrative clerical experience.
Experience of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Skills & Abilities:
Good communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team
The flexibility to work in a changing environment.