Band 3 Admin Support required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37 hours - 9-5 Monday - Friday
Hourly Rate: £11.11
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to include referral processing, appointment booking and eProcurement as required. The post holder will be the first point of contact for members of the public making enquiries by telephone. The post holder will be required to work flexibly over a 7 day period and participate in out of hours roster. To include working across sites to provide cover as required.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake a range of admin support duties including, making appointments, managing and monitoring waiting lists, maintaining diaries, receiving, processing and distributing incoming mail and maintenance of filing systems and relaying messages.
- Co-ordinate and process a range of correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures within area of responsibility.
- Process all referrals received for multi-disciplinary team in a timely and effective manner on Trust corporate systems and local databases.
- To make appointments for home visits appropriate to their urgency in co-ordination with managers or team leads
- Responsible for maintaining & updating patient demographic details, adding/revising on written and electronic records as appropriate
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationery, and order stock/nonstock items using Trust's E-procurement system.
- Ordering of medical equipment and supplies for use by professional staff, using Trust IT systems.
- Ensure that all systems used both manual and computerised are maintained in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics as required
- Ensure that systems are in place to provide data returns, which support the provision of service reports.
- Handle all telephone calls in a courteous and pleasant manner. Ensuring all patients are offered appropriate appointments in line with guidelines.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Ensure all that tasks/duties are completed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Establish, maintain and develop good working relationships with managers and staff at all levels throughout the Trust and interact effectively with members of the public as required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Contribute to effective team working.
- Cross cover in Transitional Services Teams as necessary.
- These posts can be subject to change and duties will change in line with
4 GCSE's including English (grades A-C) or equivalent and two years' experience in an admin/clerical role
NVQ level 2 Administration plus GSCE English (grades A-C) or equivalent and one year experience in an admin/clerical role
3 years' experience in an admin.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.