|Salary||Up to £11.11 per hour|
|Published||20 days ago|
|Contact email||Rhianna Mooney|
Band 3 Clinic Administrator required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital - Elliot Dynes
Pay Per Hour: £11.11 p/h
Hours: 37.5 HPW
The post-holder will be responsible for a range of duties including handling GP and patient queries for all specialities to managing new booking systems such as partial booking. Ensuring an adherence to agreed protocols in relation to appointment booking, call handling and dealing with queries at Outpatient clinics.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONISBILITIES
For each of the following, the post holder will;
- Be responsible for ensuring that all new referral letters received in the appointments centre are registered appropriately and accurately and interpreters and ambulances are booked if required.
- Monitor and take focused action on Primary Targeting Lists to ensure patients do not breach agreed waiting time targets.
- Ensure partial booking process is adhered to in a consistent and robust manner delivering an equitable and efficient system for all patients.
- Process and issue Outpatient appointments using the Clinic Management facility on Patient Administration System (PAS), in line with the Integrated Elective Access Protocol (IEAP).
- Make appointments appropriate to their urgency to ensure patients of the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order.
- Be responsible for maintaining & updating patient demographic details, adding/revising on written and electronic records as appropriate.
- Ensure all documentation is appropriate and up to date when patients attends the Hospital.
- Ensure clinic capacity is utilised to the optimum level through the close monitoring of all available clinic slots, taking appropriate action where possible in partnership with the clinic co-ordinator.
- Request and print letters, documents, labels and reports using various electronic systems i.e. Patient Centre; PAS, Other Hospital systems and databases for Outpatient Clinics, Validation etc.
- Adhere to General Health and Safety policies and procedures including the transportation & storage of patient case notes.
- Liaise with consultants, GP's, medical secretaries, nurse specialists and other departments and reception staff to make appointments.
- Ensure that when adding patients to the waiting list all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times.
- Handle all telephone calls in a courteous and pleasant manner. Ensuring all patients are offered appropriate appointments in line with IEAP partial booking guidelines.
- Undertake any other duties which are commensurate with the grade of the post to meet changing circumstances.
- 4 GCSE's at Grade A-C / 9-4 to include English Language and 1 years relevant experience.
NVQ Level II Administration and 1 years relevant experience. OR 2 years relevant experience.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna Mooney.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.