B3 Higher Clerical Officer
Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: McKinny House, Musgrave Park Hospital
Duration: Temp - ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
Required to provide a full range of administrative support to the Risk & Governance team. He/she will be expected to prioritise workload and time schedules to ensure the provision of efficient processing and quality assurance of incident information on the Datix system, and prompt processing of correspondence, administration and other issues/ information relating to the services provided by Risk & Governance
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To process adverse incident information on the Datix database efficiently and effectively.
- To approve contacts and quality assure incident information accurately, adhering to local Datix procedures.
- To follow up on incidents as appropriate (including further processes in relation to, for example, incidents reported externally, major/ catastrophic/ extreme incidents) and update records in line with Datix procedures.
- To carry out administrative functions efficiently and effectively for other Datix modules as required.
- To take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- To process training course requests using the HRPTS system.
- To provide administrative support in the timely preparation of training course materials.
- To provide administrative support in the Trust wide dissemination of information alerts and reports and collation of data returns, in relation to NIAIC Medical Device Alerts and Field Safety Notices.
- To provide administrative support and follow up for the range of services provided by Risk & Governance, for example, Organisational Assurance, RIDDOR incidents and NIAIC.
10.To research, collate and present information and reports as required.
11.To provide administrative support for requests for information internally and to external organisations.
12.To maintain strict confidentiality and security of all documentation.
13.To develop and maintain satisfactory electronic and hard copy filing systems and extract information as necessary, including the development of 'BF' (diary) systems for Risk & Governance.
14.Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using Microsoft Office suite.
15.To comply with established office procedures and participate with updating same as and when required.
16.To assist in the maintenance and updating of the departmental Intranet site.
17.To order office materials and ensure maintenance of office equipment as required, maintaining records as appropriate.
18.To provide administrative support within Risk & Governance to ensure an efficient and effective service at all times including covering absence of team colleagues due to annual / sick leave.
19.To maintain personal skills through participation in continuing education including MS Office packages.
20.To carry out occasional note/minute taking duties at meetings.
21.Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- 4 GCSEs Grade C or above, to include English and Maths or equivalent AND 1 year's administration/clerical experience
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration
1 year's administration/clerical experience
- 2 years' administration/clerical experience
- Experience of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna Mooney. email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. PG