B3 HIGHER CLERICAL OFFICER
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.09phr
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Basic AccessNI required if successful
The postholder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative
support service to include word processing and diary management as required. In
some roles this may also include the accurate transcription of communications from
audio tape and minute taking. The postholder may also be the first point of contact
for members of the public making enquiries both in person and by telephone
- Undertake a range of admin support duties including, making appointments, maintaining diaries, receiving, processing and distributing incoming mail, personally dealing with routine items, provision of typing and admin support to senior staff.
- Co-ordinate and process a range of correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures within area of responsibility.
- Deal with incoming/outgoing mail and ensure that mail is distributed and redirected appropriately to relevant staff and in a timely manner.
- Arrange and attend meetings, taking minutes, typing and distribution of same.
- Transcription of communications from audio tapes as required.
- Ensure that all systems used both manual and computerised are maintained in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics, as required.
- Participate in quality assurance exercises.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Participate in cash handling duties as and when required.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationery, as required.
- Ensure that work for which responsible is processed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Establish, maintain and develop close working relationships with managers and staff at all levels throughout the Trust and interact effectively with members of the public as required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Such other duties as appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
4 GCSEs at Grades A-C / 9-4 to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative experience.
NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative experience.
A minimum of two year's administrative experience.
Experience of minute taking (applicable only to those posts with minute taking
For Higher Clerical Officer Posts with typing duties:
OCR/RSA Stage II Text Processing Part I & II (Word Processing/Typewriting) or
12 months typing experience, to include the typing of reports, formatting & circulation of correspondence, use of Microsoft packages (WORD, EXCEL etc) & general word processing.
For Higher Clerical Officer Posts with audio typing duties:
An audio typing qualification will be required.
Knowledge & Skills:
Effective Communications skills.
Ability to work as part of a Team.
Ability to use own initiative.
Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
Flexibility to work in a changing environment.