Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 3 Higher Clerical
Rate of Pay: £10.09phr
Hours: 37.50 per week
The post holder will provide administrative and clerical support to an assigned service group.
- Liaise with other departments.
- Liaise with client, staff and departments, internal and external to the Trust to ensure full and efficient service.
- To train and supervise junior staff, as required and allocate work accordingly.
- To ensure all office duties carried out in accordance with local policies & procedures, i.e. filing, faxing, photocopying and data entry.
- To make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- To ensure all mail opened, distributed and re-directed as appropriate.
- To develop, maintain and monitor IT Systems to record and produce work of a consistently high standard, as required.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics as required.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationary, as required.
- To participate in quality assurance exercises.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Provide and ensure cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Participate in cash handling duties as & when required.
- To deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Such other duties as appropriate
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of relevant staff
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Contribute to effective team working
- Act as a mentor as required
- Maintain staff relationships and morale amongst staff
- Delegate appropriately to staff, as required
- Assist in management of absence, discipline, capability and grievance issues as appropriate
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative/clerical experience
NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative/clerical experience
A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Ability to use own initiative, identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work as part of a team.