B3 MEDICAL WORKFORCE ASSISTANT
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 3 Medical Administration Assistant
Rate of Pay: £10.09phr
Location: Elliot Dynes RVH
Duration: Initially 3 months with possible extension
The post holder will act as an Administrator to the Specialist Hospitals & Women's Health Medical Administration Team
- Provide administrative support to the Medical Administration Officers and the Medical Workforce Modernisation Manager. word processing, data input, collating information, photocopying, filing etc.
- Update and maintain databases as designated
- Establish and maintain filing systems to meet administrative needs of the Department.
- Process and distribute all incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail as required.
- Deal with incoming telephone calls and handle queries as appropriate
- Act as a reference point for all internal and external enquiries relating to the department and ensure necessary communication is maintained with the relevant departments within the service.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post.
- Provide administrative cover as required during the absence of other administrative staff.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by Medical Administration Co Ordinator / Medical Workforce & Planning Manager to ensure the needs of the department are met.
4 GCSEs Grade C or above, to include English Language or equivalent qualifications, and 1 year's secretarial/ clerical experience OR NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 1 year's secretarial experience / clerical experience OR two years' secretarial / clerical experience and GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent qualification.
Highly proficient in the use of MS Office package, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams
Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrate the ability to prioritise workloads and be flexible and adaptable when working in a changing environment
Effective communication skills
Demonstrate the ability to work as a member of a team and on own initiative
Ability to develop good working relationships with officers of various grade and professions
Previous experience compiling and producing clear and accurate documents, working with databases and spreadsheets