Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 4 Inspector Assistant / Guidance Team Officer
Rate of Pay: £11.20phr
Location: Victoria House Belfast
Hours: 37.50 per week
The Inspector Assistant is a new role created to support RQIA's internal transformation and review of its regulation and inspection processes. The post holders will initially be recruited for a 6 month period to pilot the post and will form an important part of the regulatory restructuring process. The post holders will provide feedback on the effectiveness of the role in supporting regulatory review and inspection.
The post holders will support the work of RQIA in reviewing and collating the information submitted to the authority and responding to stakeholders who engage with RQIA though the various channels (i.e. Guidance team). The post holders will support the inspectors in preparing for and undertaking inspections of regulated and HSC services together with responding to calls for the Guidance Team. The Inspector Assistant will also seek the views of service users and families during the inspection process; support the inspector to provide feedback to the manager of the service as necessary; and contribute to the written report of the inspection.
- In preparation for an inspection, use intelligence and information available from a wide range of sources including RQIA's IT system, complaints, concerns and whistleblowing to identify challenges and opportunities within the service under consideration.
- To accompany the inspector on the inspection and under own supervision assess compliance against checklists for specific standards including stakeholder feedback, hygiene, environment and record keeping.
- Respond to incoming calls received into RQIA, document the calls on RQIA's IT system, provide the appropriate guidance and information to address the caller's needs.
- Collate evidence to support the overall assessment of the service or setting under the RQIA domains of safe, effective, compassionate and well-led care.
- Share the information with the appropriate staff which may be an inspection team, registration team staff or a senior manager in RQIA.
- Escalate further action, areas of concern, safeguarding, child protection that may pose a risk to the public who use the services we inspect and review to the Guidance team inspector
Collaborative Working/Key Working relationships
- To work with inspectors and senior inspectors to co-ordinate work plans and meet deadlines.
- To identify and escalate risks appropriately to the inspector at all times.
Communication and Information Management
- To discuss patient and service user experience and capture this information in support of the overall evaluation of the service - noting that some service users may have communication difficulties.
- As appropriate, to deliver positive and negative feedback on the inspection to the provider and/or manager.
- To prepare input into reports to reflect the findings from this part of the inspection.
- To record findings in line with agreed policy and procedures - including RQIA's IT system.
- Post-inspection, to evaluate and assess provider quality improvement plans to ensure they are reflective of the feedback delivered; and identify and escalate key issues to the aligned inspector.
- To contribute as necessary where enforcement action is required against a provider - including attending meetings and providing information on their elements of the inspection.
- To participate in projects to improve RQIA's inspection methodology.
- To plan own workload in respect of preparing for inspections and input to reports to meet deadlines.
- To maintain inspections packs for self and inspectors including ordering additional supplies as necessary.
- To contribute to the development of a process to ensure consistency and quality in the elements of the inspection process where the assistant participates.
- To contribute to the development of the Directorate business plan.
- Involve patients, clients, carers and the wider community where relevant, in developing, planning, delivering and evaluating our services in a meaningful and effective way, as part of the HSC ongoing commitment to Personal Public Involvement (PPI) and Co-Production. Further information is available at engage.hscni.net
The post holder will be required to:
- Ensure RQIA's policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of RQIA's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- Adhere at all times to allRQIA's policies/codes of conduct, including for example:
- Smoke Free policy
- IT Security Policy and Code of Conduct
- standards of attendance, appearance and behaviour
- Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- Co-operate fully with regard to Trust policies and procedures relating to infection prevention and control.
- All employees of the RQIA's are legally responsible for all records held, created or used as part of their business within the [org name] including patients/clients, corporate and administrative records whether paper-based or electronic and also including emails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the general public, with limited exceptions, under the Freedom of Information act 2000 the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Employees are required to be conversant with the [org name] policy and procedures on records management and to seek advice if in doubt.
- Take responsibility for his/her own ongoing learning and development, in order to maximise his/her potential and continue to meet the demands of the post.
- Represent RQIA's commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to patients/clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she comes into contact in the course of work, in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner.
- This Job Description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
- It is a standard condition that all RQIA's staff may be required to serve at any location within RQIA's area, as needs of the service demands
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
GCSE Maths and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification;
2 x A Levels or equivalent qualification OR higher qualification;
18 months' relevant experience in a risk / compliance / audit / service improvement / regulatory setting or within health and care and within the past 5 years.
A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience, two of which must be in a risk / compliance / audit / service improvement / regulatory setting or within health and social care and within the past 5 years.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to assess and evaluate services in line with Regulations and Standards.
Ability to develop self to enhance performance; and participate effectively in a team.
Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with service users and stakeholder groups, including the delivery of positive and negative feedback.
Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate work for self and in collaboration with others.
Ability to manage, analyse and evaluate information to aid effective decision making.
A basic knowledge of the regulatory environment of the HSC in Northern Ireland.
Experience and Qualifications:
Use of Microsoft Office applications
4 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English, at A - C level
Flexible approach to working hours as shifts vary during the week e.g. 10:00 - 17:00 (office), 10:00 - 21:30 (donation sessions). It is not possible to give a definite end time when working on a donation session.
May be required to work on Public Holidays.