B4 Medical Secretary
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 4 Medical Secretary
Rate of Pay: £11.20phr
Location: Bradbury Clinic Belfast
The post holder will provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants, their teams and the Clinical team within an assigned Service Group.
- To provide a secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants and their teams as required ensuring efficiency in patient care.
- Manage the Consultants/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate
- To type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritizing queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- To liaise with other departments as required both internally and externally to the Trust e.g. other Hospitals, General Practitioners.
- Manage Waiting lists in line with standards and protocols as required.
- To manage the tracking of patient records in accordance with local policies and procedures
- Maintain and record information in relation to Statutory procedures and notify appropriate Authority.
- To participate in Quality Assurance exercises as required
- To ensure that relevant Trust Risk Management and quality assurance policies and systems (including clinical governance and controls assurance) are adhered to.
- Supervise the day to day priorities of the admin support team and delegate duties and responsibilities effectively and ensure distribution of workload is fair and equitable.
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff to the department as required. Provide line management support and supervision of staff thus maintaining a high standard of service to Consultants and the wider team.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick/annual leave.
Experience and Qualifications:
HNC / HND or equivalent / higher qualification in an administrative related field AND 1 years experience in a clerical / administrative role
OR 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 2 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
OR 3 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Ability to work as part of a Team
Ability to use own initiative
Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
Effective Planning & Organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload
Effective Communications skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
Experience of compiling and producing clear and accurate documents, reports and letters.
Flexibility to work in a changing environment