B4 Medical Secretary Part Time
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 4 Medical Secretary
Rate of Pay: £11.20phr
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 18.75hrs per week
Note: Requires and Enhanced AccessNI application
The post holder will provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants, their teams and the Clinical team within an assigned Service Group.
* Provide a secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants and their teams as required ensuring efficiency in patient care.
* Manage the Consultants/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
* Act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
* Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organisation's, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate.
* Type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
* Deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritising queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
* Maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
* Liaise with other departments as required both internally and externally to the Trust e.g. other hospitals, General Practitioners.
* Manage waiting lists in line with standards and protocols.
* Manage the tracking of patient records in accordance with local policies and procedures.
* Participate in meeting and take appropriate action in line with service provision.
* Record and process referrals on the appropriate IT system and undertake checks in line with service protocols and procedures.
* Maintain and record information in relation to statutory procedures and notify appropriate authority.
* Participate in quality assurance exercises as required.
* Ensure that relevant Trust Risk Management and Quality Assurance policies and systems (including clinical governance and controls assurance) are adhered to.
* Lead a team of administrative and secretarial staff to provide a comprehensive service to Consultant medical staff and clinical team.
Experience & Qualifications:
RSA / OCR Stage 2 Text Processing Part 1 and Part 2 ( Word processing / Typewriting) or equivalent.
Four GCSE's Grade C or above (to include English Language) or equivalent and 2 years secretarial / administrative experience.
NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial / administrative experience
3 year's secretarial experience Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
Ability to develop good working relationships with officers of various grade and professions
The flexibility to work in a changing environment
Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions