Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
BELSL / Band 6 Procurement Manager
Rate of Pay: £16.04phr
Hours: 37.5hrs Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Initially 3 months with possible extension
The Business Services Organisation (BSO) Procurement and Logistics Service (PaLS) is a recognised Centre of Procurement Expertise (CoPE) established under the Northern Ireland Public Procurement Policy as approved by the Northern Ireland Assembly. PaLS is the sole provider of professional goods and services to Health and Social Care (HSC) Trusts, Board and Agencies in Northern Ireland; covering sourcing, procurement, contracting, contract management, logistics and warehousing. Expenditure in the goods and services division currently managed for HSC organisations is in excess of £900m p.a. and involves around 390 staff, with an operating budget of around £14.9m p.a. and a warehouse turnover of £55m p.a. BSO PaLS has also established divisions for social care and ICT procurement through which it is expected that expenditure influenced will grow to circa £2.0bn p.a. of goods and services spend on behalf of HSC NI.
The Procurement Manager will support the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a cost-effective service in respect of the provision of a comprehensive procurement service to a range of Organisations in the HSC Sector. They will be responsible for managing and developing the procurement service at their PaLS location, to fulfil their key role in the supply chain thereby supporting health and social care to patients and clients. The post holder will assist in fostering a spirit of commercial awareness within their procurement location, using that to equip staff to meet the changing needs of the HSC in NI.
Experience and Qualifications:
A primary degree AND at least two years' relevant* experience within the past ten years.
A relevant Professional Qualification, such as full membership of CIPS or CILT AND at least two years' relevant* experience within the past ten years.
Five (5) years' relevant* experience within the past ten years, two of which must include the management or supervision of staff.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain and improve services, systems and customer service to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving Customer Service.
- Have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel within HSC organisations.
- Be capable of assessing objectively all aspects in the management of the supply chain.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with officers at all levels and in all professions within the Organisation and to supervise staff.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated
- Be familiar with all aspects of contracting, in particular Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Have experience in negotiating with commercial suppliers.
Have, or be studying for, a relevant professional qualification such as CIPS or CILT
Experience in the operation of an eTendering System.
A working knowledge of purchasing/ logistics and/or finance related computerised and ecommerce systems
Full job description available on request