B6 Team Leader
|Salary||Up to £16.52 per hour|
|Published||7 months ago|
|Contact email||Orlaith Fogarty|
Band 6 Team Leader required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: James House, 2-4 Cromac Avenue, Belfast, BT7 2JD
Duration: Temp - ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
A Portfolio Management Office (PMO) has been set up to support the delivery of the ICT portfolio. Key areas of the PMO remit are to:
- Work with the Programme, Project and BAU Managers to report progress across all ITS business areas through analysis of programmes, projects and BAU performance in respect of service & project delivery, financial planning and resource management
- Manage and monitor programme and project delivery, reporting key risks, issues and progress of project delivery reporting to key stakeholders e.g. ITS senior management, BSO senior management, HSCB and DoH
- Lead on the implementation of organisation-wide tools, training and consulting in Programme Project Management (PPM)
- Ensure the implementation of best practice in PPM through a PPM system
- Develop policies and procedures in respect of project planning, financial planning, risk management, resource management and performance
- The post holder will work within a Portfolio management office that supports the areas of Infrastructure, Operations and Programme. The support will be a mixture of business as usual activities and supporting the delivery of various ICT programmes and projects
- The post holder will form part of a team that provides support in relation to governance, finance, quality, risk management, contracts and procurement, resource and workforce planning, budget management, change management, project management, accommodation support, training & development, PPM systems admin and reporting of PMO services.
- The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of the PMO function providing centralised support function to administer and coordinate project tracking, produce and maintain core project documentation and provide key metrics and reports.
- The post holder will have a culture of team working, continuous improvement, innovation, and the ability to prioritise tasks
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1a) Establish and maintain Portfolio Management Office structures, processes, templates and standards to ensure the effective delivery and control of all Programmes Projects and BAU activities
- b) Monitor Programme reporting and assist senior management in the provision of reports for key stakeholders.
- c) Support the development, review and monitoring of the overall Portfolio plan and provide support in the management and use of any Programme management software e.g. PPM.
- d) Support the management and recording of project costs and ensure finances are well managed and reported.
- e) Support senior managers with the procurement and contracting elements of the Programme.
- f) Manage and compile Programme related financial and KPI information.
- g) Update and maintain key Programme documentation such as Risk and Issue logs and Benefit Realisation plans.
- h) Provide and maintain capacity planning and resource tracking across BSO ITS
- i) Maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of the Portfolio, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with corporate and portfolio governance practice.
- j) Lead in the testing and review of products and solutions.
- k) Work with and monitor vendors/suppliers in relation to performance, change requests etc.
- l) Provide Project feedback and guidance to service users and Key Stakeholders.
- m) Provide direction, guidance and feedback to team members, both internal and external to ITS
- n) Assist in the approval, selection and procurement of hardware, software and services, achieving best value for money and compliance with relevant standards.
- o) Undertake a Project manager role for Portfolio management office projects or service improvements initiatives
- p) Undertake any other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the needs of the Portfolio management office
2)Development and Innovation
4)Communication and Information Management
5)Quality & IT Service Management Best Practice
6)Financial and Resource Management
1a. A university degree AND 2 years recent relevant experience*
1b. An HND or equivalent recognized qualification and three years recent relevant experience
1c. 5 years recent relevant experience*
*Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting Programmes and Projects in a business environment. A business environment in this context includes areas such as Programme/Project Office, service delivery, communications, finance, quality management, risk management and workforce support
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.