B6 VECHICLE TECHNICIAN
Staffline are currently recruiting for an experienced Vehicle Technician to work with one of their Public Sector clients in Belfast. This is a full time role at 36.25hrs per week, Monday to Thursday (8:00 - 16:30) Friday (8:00-12:15) with 0.30 mins break Mon-Thurs. There is a possibility of Overtime and Standby.
MUST POSSESS A CURRENT CLASS C DRIVING LICENCE
To be responsible for the inspection, servicing, modification, maintenance, and repair of Vehicles and supporting equipment ensuring they are fully operational to manufacturers specifications including the completion of all associated documentation, both written and electronic so there is a 24 hour availability of the vehicles.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Vehicle & Equipment repair
- To be responsible for the inspection, servicing, modification, maintenance and repair of Vehicles and supporting equipment ensuring they are fully operational to manufacturers specifications including the completion of all associated documentation, both written and electronic so there is a 24 hour availability of the vehicles.
- To assist all other trades within Fleet & Engineering services where their skill set is more applicable to affect that repair, including all operational equipment.
- To be responsible for conducting PSV/MOT Inspection to all blue light vehicles to the standard laid down within "The best practice manual" for UK Fire Services
- To repair bodywork including small part spraying to vehicle parts and repair/replacement of panels.
- To repair, maintain & inspect all electrical & electronic circuits and/or equipment using the latest computer technology to diagnose faults down to board level.
- To carry out welding repair using MIG, TIG, electric and gas welding across a broad range of vehicles and equipment.
- To carry out hydraulic repairs on vehicles and equipment as required
- Be prepared to work in all conditions both inside and outside including fire ground duties, which can be physically demanding. Also be prepared to work at heights up to 42m whilst repairing Aerial appliances. Also be prepared to travel to any location within Northern Ireland to carry out these duties.
- The completion and maintenance of appropriate service records & associated documentation relating to the inspection, servicing, modification, maintenance and repair of vehicles and supporting equipment; and provision of relevant information both electronic and written to certify that all vehicles & equipment inspected are safe and legal to be used.
- To assist in investigations into near misses or accidents and support the Service as an expert witness as required.
- To provide costs to the Workshop Team Leader on any vehicle or any item of equipment considered to be uneconomical to repair.
- To assist in identifying parts and part numbers that are required to effect repairs and communicate verbally and orally these requests to the Team Leader or direct to the Supplies Team.
- To provide guidance and support to vehicle users on all technical issues concerned with vehicles & supporting equipment, including demonstration of the use of vehicles & equipment as required.
- Fully contribute to the performance of the Fleet & Engineering function to ensure key performance indicators for the function are achieved by demonstrating a flexible approach.
- To assist in conducting all required asset tagging of vehicles and supporting equipment in line with procedures.
- To provide an on call arrangement in line with the program produced by the Fleet & Engineering Manager. Whilst on call you will be expected to make all repair decisions unsupervised on all aspects of the vehicle and equipment repair.
- To take shared supervision responsibilities for apprentices, including on the job training and signing off work for the apprentice.
- Attend training and refresher courses to maintain the standard of competence required in each of the functional areas of electronics, electrical, welding, hydraulics, bodywork and PSV inspection.
- To liaise with manufacturers and suppliers of all vehicles & supporting equipment to ensure that any work conducted is completed to the required standard.
Experience and Qualifications
- Possess a certified level 2 trade qualification as depicted in the NQF in Vehicle Mechanic studies and have at least two years' experience working in a trade role in their area of expertise.
- Can demonstrate:
- excellent record keeping of computerised repair and inspection data;
- excellent written & verbal communication skills
- a strong customer focus
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
- Competent in the use of a Management Information System (MIS) for record keeping on repair data
- Possess a current C Class driving licence.
PLEASE APPLY WITH CURRENT CV TO LINK BELOW: