Band 2 Administrator (Pharmacy)
Band 2 Administration (Pharmacy)
Temporary Band 2 Administration (Pharmacy)required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 9.50
Location: Belfast Trust- Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for various administrative and clerical duties within the administration section of the pharmacy department
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To participate in the payment of invoices and verifying invoice prices using the pharmacy computer system.
- Answering the telephone in a polite and professional manner, redirecting calls, dealing with queries and taking appropriate action where necessary.
- To be responsible for telephoning, faxing and e-mail pharmacy purchase orders.
- To be responsible for producing of pharmacy month end statement of issue and invoice requisitions.
- To perform photocopying, filing and shredding duties.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team. To effectively communicate with hospital staff, clients, patients and suppliers in relation to general enquiries.
- Maintenance and archiving of records relating to invoicing and month end pharmacy report.
- To cover for colleagues during periods of sick/annual leave, as required.
- Assist with staff training and liaise with other administration staff to gain knowledge and skills to prioritise and deal with issues in their absence.
- Liaise with pharmacy administration staff to ensure the provision of a high quality, efficient and effective service responsive to the changing needs of the Department and the Trust.
- Participate in Mandatory & Statutory training relevant to the post.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Any other duties connected with the running of Pharmacy Administration allocated by the Pharmacy Office Manager or Pharmacy Administration Manager.
- The postholder will be expected to participate in life-long learning, maintain awareness of current practice and attend such courses and training as may be deemed by the Pharmacy Services Manager
4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification.
1 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role.
Experience in the use of at least one Microsoft office product or equivalent
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.