Band 2 Clerical Officer
Band 2 Clerical Officer will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £9.50 p/h
Location: Various Locations- Knockbracken, ROE, Shankill HWBC & Bradbury HWBC
Hours: Full time / Part time
Duration: Temporary, ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for a wide range of clerical/administrative tasks to support/assist in the effective and efficient provision of services within their department. Clerical Officers provide administrative/clerical support in a variety of different settings within the Trust in both the Acute and Community Services. They work as an integral member of a team under the supervision of their immediate line manager.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To carry out basic practice of reception duties including answering calls.
- The use of computer systems to include data input and retrieval of information including the distribution to the correct persons.
- General maintenance of filing systems.
- General processing mail and distributing to the correct persons.
- Processing and collating information.
- Taking and relaying messages/information in a professional manner.
- Dealing with a range of queries and ensuring care is given to clients/patients.
- Preparation and transportation of medical and other records.
- Making appointments.
- Arranging meetings and setting calendar dates as required.
- General office duties such as photocopying and faxing.
- The post holder will promote and support effective team working, fostering a culture of openness and transparency. The post holder will ensure that they take all concerns raised with them seriously and act in accordance with the South-eastern Health & Social Care Trust's Raising Concerns Policy and their professional code of conduct, where applicable.
- Ensure the Trust's policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully regarding Trust policies and procedures relating to infection prevention and control.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Trust's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered, and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
4 GCSE's Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent qualification)
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or
- 1 year's administrative /clerical experience.
- Experience in using Microsoft WORD/ EXCEL/OUTLOOK or equivalent packages.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.