Band 2 Clerical officer
Band 2 Clerical Officer required on a temporary basis based at Foster Green Hospital, Belfast
Role: Band 2 Clerical officer
Rate of Pay: £8.66
Location: Foster Green Hospital, Belfast
Duration: 9 Months
- Make full use of the IT systems available to produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Operate spread sheets, logging all petty cash transactions on a daily basis.
- Opening, closing and recording files information on a 'Files Management' spread sheet.
- Receive telephone calls, deal with enquiries and co-ordinate information in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of this employment.
- Opening and closing manual/electronic files on all children resident in the homes, in accordance with departmental guidelines contained in Good Management Good Records and Trust Retention guidelines.
- Typing of all letters, forms, reports etc. relating to the upkeep of the homes as required.
- Assist in any compilation of statistical information as requested.
- Upkeep of all office forms and all associated photocopying.
- Upkeep of stock and processing of all stock and non-stock through the e-procurement
- Switchboard duties.
- Facilitation of all internal and external audits of residential homes. Assisting in the implementation and review of any/all audit recommendations.
- Make and receive telephone calls, emails, etc. and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Liaise with other homes, departments (e.g. Finance), service areas and outside agencies e.g. police, in a helpful and professional manner to assist in the provision of a support service to the residential children's homes.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
- Work as part of a team to maintain good relationships between staff and children resident in the homes and ensure all policies, procedures and protocols relating to the administration of the children's residential homes are adhered to.
- Operation of Petty cash system, involving large amounts of cash, to include the administering of float, associated daily balancing and recoupments of same.
- Full receipting and recording of additional monies in accordance with the statutory Boarded out Allowances, such as holiday, pocket money, birthday, Christmas etc.
- Responsible for the cashing of petty cash cheques.
- Responsibility of operation of e-Returns system to include the lodgements of unspent monies.
- Responsible for generation, receipting & recording of cheque requests for the come in conjunction with the OIC's.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of Damages/Reimbursement sheets, if necessary, for individual children in the homes.
- Post holder will be required to ensure sufficient monies are requested in advance to cover petty cash and financial needs at all times e.g. Annual leave etc.
- Maintenance of Safe Register according to operational policy.
- Compliance with 'Administrative Procedures for Residential Homes Staff' to include strict adherence to financial good practice guidelines.
- Attend all mandatory training as required, to include annual Child Protection training &
- Personal Disengagement Techniques training specifically for administration staff in residential homes.
- Familiarisation with all relevant procedures and protocols.
- Undertake further training if required in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Other duties as required
- Four GCSE's including English Language (Grades A - C) or equivalent or Have one year's relevant experience OR NVQ Level 11 Administration
- RSA Stage 11 Word Processing (Parts 1 & 2) OR Equivalent
- Current full driving licence and access to a car on appointment
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Muriosa or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 11/12/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.