Band 2 Clerical Officer
Band 2 Clerical Officer on a temporary basis based at Carlisle Health and wellbeing centre , Belfast
Role: Band 2 Clerical officer
Rate of Pay: £8.66
Location: Carlisle Health and wellbeing Centre
Duration: 3 Months
- Input & extract information from PARIS, ensuring that information on these systems is kept up to date
- Input patient demographic details on PARIS in line with Data Quality regulations.
- Provide administration support to the Paediatric secretaries and consultants.
- Maintain an electronic tracking system on PARIS for the location of patient's medical records for clinics.
- Retrieval and preparation of patients records for clinics and as required by secretaries and clinicians prepare patient records with the relevant documentation and correspondence.
- Filing of patient letters and general correspondence within the medical records.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate to the post holders Band.
- Ensure medical records, patient investigations & other related patient records are properly maintained, securely stored but readily available to Consultants, Nursing staff and other health care providers.
- Maintain a tidy & clear workstation area in compliance with Data Protection
- Communicate with a range of people on a range of matters
- Use IT Systems available to record and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Report faults to Estates Department or IT and telephony.
- Maintain a high standard of service including good timekeeping in the workplace as required to meet the needs of the service.
- Able to manage and deal with competing demands as work pattern becomes unpredictable due to interruptions from e-mails, telephone calls and direct patient contact
- Participate in annual review process to enhance Service Delivery & enhance own learning & development
- Attend relevant training sessions as required for the job role
- Provide emergency cover for colleagues on a short-term basis
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post holders band that may be assigned from time to time by the Admin Co-ordinator
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification OR 1 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role.
- Experience in the use of at least one Microsoft office product or equivalent.
- One Years Administration Experience
- Ability to work as part of a Team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Effective Communications skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Muriosa or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 12/12/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.