Band 2 Emergency Department Support Officer
Band 2 Emergency Department Support Officer with reception duties required on a temporary basis based in Ulster Hospital
Role: Band 2 Emergency Department Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.66 per hour
Location: Ulster Hospital
Hours: Mon to Sun - 18.75 hours - Part- time Shift work 4pm to 10pm
Duration: 3 months initially
- Provide an effective customer service.
- Deal with patients if appropriate in a professional and courteous manner and provide any relevant information required.
- Communicate effectively within the multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that patient's needs are known.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe, clean and tidy environment, which includes monitoring the environment and equipment.
- Ensure effective participation in the patient liaison process including effective management of the process.
- Ensure the Department has sufficient stocks to meet patient and staff needs.
- Use of computer systems to include data input and retrieval of information.
- Taking and relaying messages and information related to patients.
- Dealing with a range of queries.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of patients whilst carrying out duties.
- 4 GCSEs Grades A-C including English or English language (excluding English Literature) and Mathematics or equivalent
- 1 years relevant experience*
- Basic computer literacy skills
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be available to work in Belfast. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Wednesday 3rd October 2019.**