Band 2 Receptionist with Clerical Duties
Band 2 Receptionist with Clerical Duties
Band 2 Receptionist with Clerical Duties for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £9.50 p/h
Location: Homecare Avoca, Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will have the responsibility of providing effective administrative support to the Homecare Professional Teams. The role will focus on supporting the professional care staff by assisting with administrative tasks within the Homecare service, mainly focussing on Payroll preparation and allocations onto staff plan system used within the service as well as patient records management, handling telephone calls and providing general administrative support. Whilst in post, the person will have a sound understanding of the Department, Client needs, staff and day to day running of the department.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cover reception duties which mainly involve being first point of contact for all incoming telephone calls and fielding to appropriate staff or other departments.
- To support Professional Care Staff with managing patient documentation. To be aware of requirements for patient files and to support staff in the correct handling of patient information as per Data Protection guidelines.
- Respond to a range of email enquiries, appropriate to Band and role.
- Collecting and sorting and distributing daily post in line with Confidentiality guidelines.
- Follow up filing to ensure patient documentation is kept within guidelines, arranging overflow files where appropriate.
- Processing and collating information for data entry to relevant computer systems for data input and data retrieval where appropriate.
- Work with Admin Lead to communicate changes in Department and assist in arranging access for new staff where required.
- Support feedback process by sending out surveys and typing correspondence. Supporting with other written documents as required.
- General administrative support to Professional teams, including any reasonable request.
- Work to progress archiving in accordance with GMGR guidelines and work in awareness of new GDPR regulations.
Employees of the Trust are required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's Smoke Free Policy.
4.Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course of their employment.
- Ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in-service provision.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Comply with the HPSS Code of Conduct.
- 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification
- One year's administrative/clerical experience
- NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative/clerical experience
- A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience.
- Good communication skills, including Written and Oral
- Ability to work as part of a team Interview / Test
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office packages
1 years' experience of using Staffplan
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.