Band 2 Ward Clerk
Band 2 Ward Clerk required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £9.50 p/h
Location: Royal Victoria Hosptial
Hours: 37.5hrs p/w
Duration: 6m ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will provide administrative & clerical support at ward level to a multidisciplinary team and work as an integral part of the ward team. Participate in general office duties in accordance with local Policies & Procedures, i.e. filing, faxing, and photocopying and data entry.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Input & extract information from PAS, Patient Centre & Patient Journey ensuring that information on these systems is accurate & current.
- Provide reports & information from electronic systems to assist medical/nursing staff with patient history & patient tracking.
- Ensure all patients admitted to the wards have been registered & records received in the ward
- Prepare patient records for ward rounds, file all investigations & relevant patient documentation
- On discharge collect charts, file all paperwork & ensure timely preparation of documentation for coding department
- E-mail the relevant department to highlight any ward reviews following discharge.
- Deliver patient's records to the medical secretaries for further transcription
- Contribute to the prompt answering of phone calls
- Use IT Systems available to record and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Order transport for patients leaving the ward as appropriate
- Liaise with client, staff and departments internal and external to the Trust ensuring the delivery of a full and efficient service.
- Participate in annual review process to enhance Service Delivery & enhance own learning & development
- Attend relevant training sessions as required for the job role
- Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate
- Provide cover for colleagues
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the band that may be assigned from time to time
- Arrange interpreters when appropriate
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of stationery
- Report any faults /incidents as appropriate
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's Smoke Free Policy.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course of their employment.
- Ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in-service provision.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Comply with the HPSS Code of Conduct.
- 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification.
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration
- A minimum of one year's administrative clerical experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and can use their own initiative.
- Be able to plan and organise work effectively.
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Keyboard Skills
- Hospital Patient centre/Patient Track Systems
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.