Band 2 Ward Clerk
Band 2 Ward Clerk is required on a temporary basis based in Belfast City Hospital
Role: Band 2 Ward Clerk
Rate of Pay: £8.66
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Duration: At least 1 month
- Input & extract information from PAS and RISOH ensuring that information on these systems is accurate & current.
- Provide reports & information from electronic systems to assist medical/nursing staff with patient history & patient tracking.
- Ensure all patients admitted to the ward have been registered & records received in the ward
- Prepare patient records for ward rounds, file/scan all investigations & relevant patient documentation
- On discharge collect charts, file/scan all paperwork & ensure timely preparation of documentation for coding department
- E-mail the relevant department to highlight any out-patient reviews following discharge.
- Deliver patient's records to the medical secretaries for further transcription
- Contribute to the prompt answering of phone calls
- Use IT Systems available to record and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Order transport for patients leaving the ward as appropriate
- Liaise with client, staff and departments internal and external to the Trust ensuring the delivery of a full and efficient service.
- Participate in annual review process to enhance Service Delivery & enhance own learning & development
- Attend relevant training sessions as required for the job role
- Deal with day to day queries as appropriate
- Provide cover for colleagues
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the band that may be assigned from time to time
- Arrange interpreters when appropriate
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of stationery
- Report any faults /incidents as appropriate
- Any other duties as required
- 4 GCSE's at Grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification. Or NVQ Level 2 in Administration Or 2 year's administrative clerical experience in a Health Care Setting.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to use their own initiative.
- Be able to plan and organise work effectively.
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Keyboard Skills
- One years experience in an administration role
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE *25/11/19*.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.