Band 2 Ward Clerk - Lisburn
Band 2 Ward Clerk
The Client: Local body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: Involves supporting staff in providing a comprehensive range of high-quality, customer-focused services to patients, staff and visitors. The Service Assistant will carry out a wide range of tasks relating to Patient Experience and will be allocated various tasks as appropriate, from those detailed below.
· Liaise with various staff/departments to deliver effective administrative support.
· Deal with a range of queries, maintaining a courteous and pleasant manner at all times.
· Use of various computer systems and software packages to ensure patient information is relevant and up to date, including data input and retrieval of information.
· Processing, recording and collating information for statistical purposes.
· Administering waiting lists, processing internal and external referrals
· Scheduling appointments to ensure clinical capacity is utilised
· Booking patient movement requests, interpreters and other patient related services.
· Maintenance of medical records filing systems.
· Typing duties - reports, letters and meeting minutes as required.
· Assist with the training of new administrative staff as and when required.
· Participate in staff meetings.
· Provide cover to other administrative staff during periods of leave.
· General office duties such as photocopying, scanning, sorting post and faxing.
· To participate in the Appraisal Process and participate in agreed training and development initiatives when identified.
· Any other tasks or projects within the remit of the band.
Hours of work: 37.50 hours per week Monday - Friday
- 4 GCSE's Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent Qualification) plus 1year's Secretarial /admin /clerical experience OR NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent qualification) plus 1 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience OR 2 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
- Experience in using Microsoft packages to include WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK
- Rates of pay £9.21 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.