Band 3 Admin and clerical officer
Band 3 Admin and Clerical Officer with typing duties required on a temporary basis based in Newtownards.
Role: Band 3 Admin and Clerical Officer with typing duties
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Location: Ards Community Hospital
Hours: 22.5hrs per week- Flexible either 5 mornings per week (9.00am-1.30pm)or 3 full days (9.00am - 5.00pm)
Duration: Until 31/03/20- potential extension to 31/03/2021
- To assist in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Referral Office.
- Ensure all referral information received is entered on to appropriate information systems.
- Maintain and update on a daily basis, client referral information held on information systems.
- Process mail within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at all times in accordance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and other software packages/operating systems.
- Compile statistical information on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in line with set standards.
- To produce ad hoc reports as and when required for each service.
- Participate in meetings with professional staff regarding service if required.
- To arrange client appointments for attendance at clinics throughout CAMHS and distribute required associated letters and appointments in accordance with Choice & Partnership Approach (CAPA).
- Produce, on a weekly basis, the PTL (Priority Target List) and report all potential breaches to the Team Leader or Senior Administrative Manager promptly.
- Record clinic outcomes on appropriate information systems and follow up with correspondence to client's General Practitioner.
- Maintain relevant filing systems and undertake specific and general filing duties.
- Process subject access requests/file requests from the data protection office and other departments as and when required.
- To provide cover for immediate colleagues on leave and be flexible in meeting the needs of the Service.
- To be available to serve in a similar position in any location in the Adult Social & Primary Care Directorate if required by Senior Management.
- Undertake any other duties that may be deemed necessary by line management.
- 4 GCSE's grades A-C including English Language or equivalent qualification plus one year's relevant experience
NVQ level 3 in Administration
2 years recent administrative/secretarial/clerical experience.
2. OCR/RSA Stage ll Typing/Word Processing (Parts 1 & 2) or equivalent qualification
Have evidence of one year's typing/word processing experience and can demonstrate a capable level of ability.
3. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook programmes.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE *09/12/19*.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.