Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Admin Officer required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Admin Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.40per hour
Hours: 37.5hrs (will consider less hours)
- Retrieval and preparation patient notes for outpatient clinics.
- Filing of test results and general correspondence within patient notes
- Tracking notes and arranging for return to file or onward destination
- Answering telephone queries ensuring that messages are recorded correctly and passed on to the appropriate person.
- Adhere to departmental booking procedures
- Booking and cancelling appointments on hospital information system
- Printing and posting patient appointment letters and information sheets
- Answering telephone booking queries to include allocation of suitable appointments for a number of diagnostic tests on multiple hospital sites
- Liaising with GP Surgeries, medical and nursing staff, multi-disciplinary team members, other hospitals, medical records departments re patients' information
- Booking of ambulance transport for patients on discharge or transfer. Booking of ambulance transport for investigations on other hospital sites.
- Arrange interpreters when needed using correct processes and procedure
- Update of all patient demographic details when appropriate
- Accurate recording of diagnostic test referrals on Hospital information system
- Distribution of diagnostic test results to referring Clinicians
- Assisting with waiting list management initiatives as requested by Lead Clinical Physiologist or Service manager
- Ensure adherence to Trust ICT policy on POPI
- Use of email and adherence to the NHSCT Email Policy
- Use Trustwide and departmental computer systems in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the band as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Provide a clerical service to the Clinical Physiologists, Department Manager, Nursing Staff and other professionals.
- Date stamping and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail
- Continual use of VDU to provide information as required.
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of stationery as required by the department through non stock, stock and high density storage system.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Ensure adherence to NHSCT policy on Infection Control./Bare below the elbow.
- Use of equipment within the department eg fax, photocopier in accordance with the Trust Policies and Procedures and maintenance of the same.
- Report of faults to Estates Department, IT Department and telephony.
- Maintain a high standard of service including good timekeeping in the workplace as required to meet the needs of the service.
- Daily cleaning of notes trolleys, phones and computer with appropriate cleaning product as defined by Infection Control.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service to include travelling and working in other NHSCT sites if required.
4 GCSE's ( A - C) including English Language or equivalent and 1 years admin experience to include the use of computerised systems eg Microsoft office
3 year's clerical experience in an office environment to include the use of computerised systems eg Microsoft office
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.