Band 3 Administration Officer with Typing Duties
Band 3 Administration Officer, with Typing Duties
Band 3 Administration Officer with typing duties will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Musgrave Park Hospital
Hours: 37.5hrs p/w
Duration: 6m ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for a range of duties including booking systems, such as partial booking, day to day co-ordination of outpatient waiting list and clinics, ensuing an adherence to agreed protocol in relation to appointment booking and call handling. Provide administrative and clerical support to the Physiotherapy department. This post will require a clean driver's license with access to a car as it involves travelling to different Belfast locations to collect notes and other business needs.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with clients, staff, and departments internal and external to the Trust to ensure full and efficient service.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor IT systems to record and produce work of a consistently high standard as required.
- Records management, maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Typing of reports, letters which will contain medical / clinical terminology etc. ensuring confidentiality is always maintained.
- There may be requirement for audio typing.
- Ensure all mail is distributed and re-directed as appropriate.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- Ensure all office duties carried out in accordance with local policies and procedures, i.e., Filing, Faxing, Photocopying and Data Entry.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics as required i.e., accountability review
- Responsible for ensuring that all new referrals received are registered appropriately and accurately.
- Monitor waiting list to ensure patients do not breech the agreed waiting time.
- Ensure that the partial booking procedure is adhered to in a consistent manner.
- To ensure that when adding patients to the Physiotherapy waiting list that all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times.
- To make appointments appropriately, ensuring patients with the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order, to issue appointment letters.
- Ensuring that clinic capacity is utilised, acting in partnership with the administrative manager.
- To liaise with Physiotherapists / GPs / other specialists when making appointments.
- To ensure that telephone calls are handled in a courteous / pleasant manner, ensuring appointments are appropriately offered in line with
- (Integrated Elective Access Protocol)
- Ensure review appointments are made as per clinical specification.
- Ensure that clinics are attended on system in a timely manner.
- Booking of interpreters when required.
- Booking of Physiotherapy appointments in conjunction with consultant appointments.
- Provide clinic lists in advance and ensure client files are prepared prior to their clinic appointment.
- To participate in the training and or mentor new staff on work procedures during induction and ongoing work until they are fully competent.
- To meet as an administrative team regularly.
- Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick / annual leave and be flexible in meeting the needs of the service.
- Deal with Medical Legal requests as per Trust policies and procedures
- Participate in all archiving activities as stipulated in the Trusts procedures
- Such other duties as appropriate to the service
4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative/clerical experience
NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative/clerical experience
A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience
RSA/OCR Stage 2 Typing/Word Processing (Parts 1&2) or equivalent qualification, OR have a minimum of six months word processing experience
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products, in particular word.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.