Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Band 3 Administrative Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Public health Agency, Linenhall Street Belfast
Role: Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Public Health Agency , Linenhall Street Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours
- Provide high quality routine administrative support to individual departments ensuring the effective operation of systems and procedures.
- Assist in the administration and implementation of administrative systems within the departments.
- The efficient organisation and management of Officers' diaries. This will include the use of computerised diary software.
- Manage the administration of the office ensuring a continual high standard of service is provided to all staff, customers, members of the public and suppliers.
- Effectively prepare reports, documents and proposals for senior staff within the department as well as supplying advice and assistance as required.
- Continually seek to improve the service delivered within the department by committing to attend personal development training, demonstrating a team work ethic and embracing change.
- Provide high level service to all stakeholders.
- Organise meetings, conferences and workshops including preparation of papers, arranging venues, notifying attendees, note taking and follow-up actions. This will involve travel to other venues.
- Working as a member of the administrative/secretarial team providing cover for colleagues as required.
- Provide administrative support for projects and events as requested
- Any other duties as required
- Five GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR Higher Qualification OR 18months relevant experience
- All applicants must have one year's experience working with Microsoft Office or similar
- Hold a full current driving license (valid in the UK) and have access to a car at the closing date or have access to a form of transport
(*This relates only to any person who has declared that they have a disability, which debars them from driving)
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 22/11/2019