Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Admin Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Rate of Pay: £10.40per hour
Duration: Temporary for 12 months
- Arrange and provide administrative support for meetings, including minute / action note taking, organising venues, issuing and follow up of relevant documentation.
- Follow up of actions from contract review meetings relevant to the department.
- Provide general administrative/secretarial support within the department e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database use, photocopying, filing etc.
- Organise and maintain relevant manual and electronic diary/schedule and arrange appointments and meetings.
- Establish and maintain filing systems to meet the administrative needs of the department.
- Maintain accurate records for the department re: Contracts / minutes / Provider Insurance etc.
- Process and distribute all incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail as required.
- Deal with incoming telephone calls and handle queries as appropriate and act as a reference point for all internal and external enquiries relating to the department, ensuring necessary communication is maintained with relevant senior department staff.
- Operate and manage a brought forward system for minutes / monthly contract monitoring and contracts.
- Participate in training appropriate to the post.
- Participate in data quality exercises to maintain quality of information in the department.
- Maintaining and ordering department stock as and when required.
- Provide administrative cover as required during the absence of other administrative staff.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as assigned by Senior Managers to ensure the needs of the department are met.
*(a) 5 GCSE (Grade A - C) or equivalent, including Maths and English Language, PLUS 1 year clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment including the use of computers, data inputting and word processing.
OR (b) GCSE Maths and English Language (Grades A-C) and 2 years clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment including the use of computers, data inputting and word processing.
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess 1 year's experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel and Word Processing *Equivalent Qualifications considered
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Christine Thompson will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.