Role: Band 3 Administrative Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.40 per hour
- Word Processing and Audio Typing as required.
- Open and distribute internal mail and actioning urgent mail.
- To plan, co-ordinate and service meetings as required.
- Processing daily sick leave for Nursing or Social Work staff and liaising
with Ward Managers and/or Team leads and Senior Social Workers
- Liaise on a daily basis with internal and external bodies to the Trust
including patients and carers.
- Maintaining relevant filing systems both electronic and manual.
- Use and maintenance of IT systems including E-Procurement, HRPTS
- To ensure that telephone calls are handled in a courteous / pleasant
manner in line with Trust policies and Trust values and messages
- Preparation of statistical information.
- Maintaining staff personal files.
- Office duties including photocopying, ordering stock and reporting
- Collating and distribution of ward rotas, weekly and when required.
- Preparation of project work reports, training and acetate material.
- Liaise with clients, staff, and departments internal and external to
the Trust to ensure full and efficient service.
- Develop, maintain and monitor IT systems to record and produce
work of a consistently high standard as required.
- Records management, maintain records both manual and
computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with
local policy and procedure.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock / stationary as required.
- Participate in cash handling duties as and when required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in
respect of service users and professional staff.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at all times in accordance with
Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act.
- Participate in quality assurance exercises.
- To participate in the training and or mentor new staff on work
procedures during induction and ongoing work until they are fully
- To meet as an administrative team regularly.
- Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick / annual leave and be
flexible in meeting the needs of the service.
- Deal with Medical Legal requests as per Trust policies and
- Participate in all archiving activities as stipulated in the Trusts
- Such other duties as appropriate to the service.
- a. 4 GCSE is at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative/clerical experience or
- NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative/clerical experience or
- A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience and GCSE in English Language at grade C or equivalent
- RSA/OCR Stage 2 Typing/Word Processing ( Parts 1&2) or equivalent qualification, OR have six months word processing experience OR Minute taking experience
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.