Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Role: Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Linen hall Street, Belfast
Hours: 37.50 hours Monday - Friday
Duration: Until November-potential extension
- To receive and deal with incoming telephone calls including routine enquiries as a first point of contact within the Directorate.
- To deal with the receipt, recording and distribution of mail and other correspondence, including faxes and e-mail, in an efficient manner.
- Input data to relevant spreadsheets and databases and collate and compile statistical information when required
- To assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of the Directorate's filing systems and to ensure that files are properly indexed for prompt retrieval and that filing is kept up-to-date with appropriate operation of a 'brought forward' system
- To be responsible for the management of diaries and scheduling of meetings as appropriate for designated officers
- To arrange meetings and seminars, including travel arrangements, collation of data, information and preparation of agenda
- To take, draft and circulate minutes of meetings
- To provide a smooth and efficient typing service in support of senior officers. To include the use of computerised diary software.
- Five GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR Higher Qualification AND 1 year admin experience within an office environment
- All applicants must have one year's experience working with Microsoft Office or similar, including Microsoft Excel
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 16th September 2019