Band 3 Administrator
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Administrator required on a temporary basis based near Saintfield Road, Belfast.
Role: Band 3 Administrator
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
Location: Belfast (near Saintfield Road)
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: At least 6 months
The post-holder will contribute to and support the effective operation of the administrative functions in the General Practice (GP) Department by contributing to the operational activities of the GP team.
The post-holder will work primarily within the GP Specialty Training team providing administrative support in relation to key areas of work such as GP Recruitment and GP Trainee assessment processes. The post-holder will be expected to deal with a variety of queries from key stakeholders and provide appropriate advice.
The post-holder will be expected to input information accurately into a variety of databases and keep electronic records up to date.
The post-holder will support the GP Executive Officer and other members of the GP Team with key activities to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of administration in the department.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
To provide general secretarial support to the GP Training Coordinator and administration team in relation to GP Specialty Training.
· To produce information that is accurate, timely, relevant and well-presented using various suitable software packages.
· Assisting with the co-ordination of education activities relevant to GP Specialty Training such as organisation of courses and preparation of materials.
· To assist with the organisation of events and courses for GP Trainees and Trainers.
· Assist the Executive Officers with the preparation, organisation and set-up of all activities undertaken by the GP Specialty Training team.
· To utilise the Microsoft Office system and assist with the accurate updating of GP databases and electronic records managed by the GP Department.
· Work on own initiative as well as part of the GP team.
· Taking minutes, organising IT equipment; and ensuring follow up actions are carried out.
· Ensure that a professional administrative service is delivered at all times.
COMMUNICATION WITH STAKEHOLDERS
· To deal with general incoming telephone calls and emails, responding or relaying messages as appropriate to ensure prompt action is taken.
· Work in collaboration with the GP Team, key stakeholders and colleagues to resolve queries and deliver administrative processes.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders using appropriate communication methods.
· Respond in a professional and prompt manner to queries and relay messages to team members as appropriate.
18 months relevant administration experience
OR 5 GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths, Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
OR Higher Qualification
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment
- One year's experience of working with Microsoft Office or similar
Minute taking experience and holding an RSA stage 2 qualification are both desirable criteria
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thursday 11th March 2021.