Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Secretary/ Typist required on a temporary basis based in RVH
- Responsible for ensuring that all new referrals received are registered appropriately and accurately.
- Monitor waiting list to ensure patients do not breech the agreed waiting time.
- Ensure that the partial booking procedure is adhered to in a consistent manner.
- To ensure that when adding patients to the Physiotherapy waiting list that all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times.
- To make appointments appropriately, ensuring patients with the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order, to issue appointment letters.
- Ensuring that clinic capacity is utilised, taking action in partnership with the administrative manager.
- To liaise with Physiotherapists / GPs / other specialists when making appointments.
- To ensure that telephone calls are handled in a courteous / pleasant manner, ensuring appointments are appropriately offered in line with IEAP. (Integrated Elective Access Protocol)
- Ensure review appointments are made as per clinical specification.
- Ensure that clinics are attended on system in a timely manner.
- Booking of interpreters when required.
- Booking of Physiotherapy appointments in conjunction with consultant appointments.
- Provide clinic lists in advance and ensure client files are prepared prior to their clinic appointment.
- Liaise with clients, staff, and departments internal and external to the Trust to ensure full and efficient service.
- Develop, maintain and monitor IT systems to record and produce work of a consistently high standard as required.
- Records management, maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- Typing of reports, letters of which will contain medical / clinical terminology etc. ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ensure all mail is distributed and re-directed as appropriate.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- Ensure all office duties carried out in accordance with local policies and procedures, ie. Filing, Faxing, Photocopying and Data Entry.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics as required ie. accountability review.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock / stationary as required.
- Participate in cash handling duties as and when required.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at all times in accordance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act.
- Participate in quality assurance exercises.
- To participate in the training and or mentor new staff on work procedures during induction and ongoing work until they are fully competent.
- To meet as an administrative team regularly.
- Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
- Provide cover for staff during periods of sick / annual leave and be flexible in meeting the needs of the service.
- Deal with Medical Legal requests as per Trust policies and procedures
- Participate in all archiving activities as stipulated in the Trusts procedures
- Such other duties as appropriate to the service
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thur 20th Dec 2018.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.