Band 3 Audio Typist / Medical Secretary
Band 3 Audio Typist / Medical Secretary required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Bradbury Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will work under the minimum of supervision using own initiative with the Orthopaedic Integrated Clinical Assessment and Treatment Service (ICATS) team providing, providing a friendly and efficient, high quality, person focused service to all users:
The post holder will provide an efficient administration support service to the Orthopaedic ICATS team and will be responsible and accountable for audiotyping and actioning of ICATS referrals to outpatient clinics and other services.
The post holder will also assist in provision of general clinic support for Orthopaedic ICATS outpatient clinics. This will include the provision of case notes and administration of Clinic attendance from referral through to discharge and audit, the maintenance and provision of accurate and timely data analysis, the provision of accurate and timely word processing of correspondence and reports. The post holder may be required to assist the specialist GP and physiotherapist with the handling of patients as necessary.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audio type clinic letters, referrals and other correspondence
- Action referrals sending onward to other services in line with Orthopaedic ICATS
- Process new referrals to ICATS and their prioritisation including data entry
- Make new and follow-up outpatient appointments
- Deal with all other appointment queries
- Action appropriate appointment details including specific documentation
- Manage appointment lists on computer as defined by clinic scheduling rules.
- Liaise with clinicians regarding their availability for clinics.
- Deal with appointment queries
- Liaise with appropriate Hospital departments to effectively plan and deliver x-ray, MRI reports and any other requests in time for appointments
- Provide case notes at each clinic, ensuring that all administrative preparatory work has been done in advance.
- Preparation, maintenance and care of equipment and treatment areas, ensuring that they are safe, clean and tidy at all times.
- Administer appointments for any subsequent physiotherapy or podiatry treatment
- Arrange transport as required
- Attend to all clinic reports, requests for diagnostic tests and onward referrals within appropriate timescales.
- Collate, provide and enter information to databases as required
- Participate in Trust quality monitoring of the Orthopaedic ICATS
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) or equivalent / higher qualification
1 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
2 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
OCR./RSA./GCSE Stage 2 typing or Word processing / Typing (Parts1&2) or equivalent qualifications
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.