Band 3 Cashier
|Salary||Up to £11.11 per hour|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Graham Black|
Hospital Cashier (Band 3)
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role:The postholder will support Accounts Receivable Shared Services centre (ARSS) located within the Business Services Organisation (BSO) in the provision of Accounts Receivable services to the Trust.
The postholder will provide a cashier service on the hospital sites, and assist in the recovery and recording of Trust income within agreed timetables.
He/she will provide cover across the Trusts finance department in the absence of colleagues, and will deputise for the Income Team Leader across a range of responsibilities as and when required.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the recovery of Trust income, including calculating amounts due, generating invoices according to Trust policies and procedures, preparing monthly and annual journals for posting to the General Ledger, and promptly and appropriately resolving queries
- Input transactions accurately to all systems including Accounts Receivable within the Finance Procurement & Logistics system (FPL), in accordance with appropriately authorised primary documentation and the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions, internal financial procedures and statutory reporting requirements laid down by the DHSSPS, covering all types of income and receipts eg debtor/non debtor, credit notes, recharges, non patient income, supporting people, contract, residential care client contributions, cash/cheques/electronic transfer etc
- Receive, receipt and record remittances made to the Trust including cash, cheques, electronic transfers etc
- Assist the Team Leader in preparing lodgements, including counting cash/cheques and reconciling to recorded receipts
- Ensure that transactions are properly recorded and coded within accounts receivable and the General Ledger, and all documentation and records are filed in accordance with the Trust's policies and procedures
- Investigate and appropriately resolve any discrepancies or queries relating to transactions, referring to Team Leader as appropriate
- Monitor and check own work to ensure highest quality of input data prior to processing
- Prepare monthly and annual journals for input and posting to FPL as required
- Assist the Team Leader in the provision of reporting information, including listing and analysis of balances and discrepancies, and other returns as required by Trust managers, DHSSPS etc
- Develop and maintain an appropriate knowledge of the Accounts Receivable system including the General Ledger etc and the structure and functions of the Trust
General Finance Responsibilities
- Maintain the security of all documents and information within the Income team and systems to the highest standard
- Ensure that all correspondence, or other queries are dealt with according to Accounts Receivable and Banking Team policies and procedures, and in a proper and prompt manner, referring to Team Leader as appropriate
- Assist the Team Leader in ensuring that all deadlines are adhered to eg daily/weekly/monthly reconciliations, monthly processing and reporting timetable and annual statutory accounts preparation
- Adhere to Trust policies for the effective management, use and maintenance of all physical assets by the Income team
- Participate in office routines including opening and sorting post, sorting and issuing invoice, statements and reports and preparing outgoing post
- Contribute to the department's overall governance processes to ensure safe and effective care for patients and clients, complying with public sector values and codes of conduct, operations and accountability.
- Participate in the Trust's performance and development reviews and advise on, and initiate further training to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues in Financial Assessments and Income Department, Finance and across the Trust to ensure effective delivery of accounts receivable services
Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all Finance and Income policies and procedures.
- Organise own workload to optimise efficiency in the Financial Services Team and to ensure that individual and team tasks are completed within agreed timescales.
- Participate in system and procedure reviews to identify weaknesses and scope for improvements to enhance control and efficiency
- Facilitate Internal/External Audits which investigate Financial Services processes/systems etc.
- Adhere to Accounts Receivable, Banking and Finance policies and procedures for the management and storage of information by the Income team to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language and Mathematics equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years' experience in a finance/ administrative role OR 2 years' experience in a finance/administrative role
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Ability to plan and organise work in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Rates of pay £11.11 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.