Band 3 Clerical Officer with typing duties
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Clerical Officer with typing duties required on a temporary basis based in Broughshane
Role: Band 3 Clerical Officer with typing duties
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours
- Undertake general clerical duties and provide secretarial support to senior members of staff/professional team, planning and organising work without direct supervision.
- Acknowledge referrals through CRMS. Alerting professional team to potential urgency of same.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. from digital software manuscript as required producing a high standard of word processing.
- Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets using Microsoft Office, as required by professional manager/team.
- Input and extract information from appropriate computer systems/keyboard duties.
- Undertake reception duties as required, acting as first point of contact with service users who have hearing and/or visual difficulties.
- Photocopying and preparing documentation/papers for distribution/ processing
- Open, sort and distribute mail.
- Manage generic email accounts which will include the sending and retrieval of emails and receiving referrals. In addition, the post holder will receive and send e-mails on behalf of the service in agreement with Manager.
- Prepare files, undertake routine filing duties and maintain an efficient, up-to-date record keeping system
- Deal with general telephone calls and enquiries, taking appropriate action with text relay calls as and when received from deaf service users.
- Regularly monitor waiting list for non-allocated cases and advise professional team of potential breaches of the target.
- Assist in the production of statistical information for senior management, collating waiting list information to enable management pro-formas to be completed as required in line with targets.
- Responsible for maintaining the NHSCT Register of NHSCT blind and deaf/blind clients, producing statistics for DHSC annual report.
- Liaise closely with other departments; deal with internal and external enquiries as appropriate.
- Monitor and order stationery and office supplies.
- Operate automated office equipment as required and use Trust and Departmental technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Cash handling including petty cash and lodgements to the bank.
- Responsible for locking and securing the building on a regular basis.
4 GCSEs to include English and Mathematics (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment.
GCSE English and Mathematics (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment.
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess a qualification in an IT/Keyboarding/Word Processing related subject AND have one years' working experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook in an office environment.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.