Band 3 Clinic Administrator
Temporary clinic administration required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust at Foster Green Hospital.
Rate of Pay: 10.40
Location: Forster Green Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week- Mon to Fri, with occasional weekends
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will undertake appointment booking and call handling for the diabetic eye screening programme ensuring that an efficient, effective and quality service is provided.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
For each of the following, the post holder will;
- Responsible for ensuring that all new referral letters and any other correspondence is appropriately and accurately registered and processed.
- Ensuring the booking process is adhered to in a consistent and robust manner delivering an equitable and efficient system for all patients.
- Processing and issuing appointments in accordance with relevant national screening standards.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating patient demographic details on electronic IT system.
- Responsible for updating patient record on IT system correctly including their eligibility to be invited for screening.
- Ensure clinic capacity is utilised to the optimum level through the close monitoring of available clinic slots, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Print and scan letters and process in accordance with departmental protocols.
- Adhere to General Health and Safety policies relevant to role.
- To liaise with other relevant clinical stakeholders when required. For example, GPs, receptionists etc.
- To handle all telephone calls in a courteous and pleasant manner
- To contact patients to remind them about upcoming appointments as well as those who have not attended and offer alternative appointments where available.
- To engage with patients about their screening appointments and gather feedback on their experience.
- To undertake audits relevant to role
- To adhere to relevant SOPs and where appropriate make suggestions for improvement
- To undertake training as required to include appropriate relevant qualifications.
4 GCSEs at Grade A-C including English or English Language(excluding English Literature) and Maths or equivalent/ higher qualification AND 1 years experience in a clerical/ administrative role
2 years experience in a clerical/ administrative role. Experience in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.