Band 3 Clinic Adminsitrator
Temporary Clinic Administrator required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
Location: Shankill Wellbeing & Treatment Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week as per rota provided
Duration: Temporary ongoing
- Prepping of clinics and printing of patient labels
- Reception cover, meet and greet patients, checking demographic details and updating on Patient Administration System (PAS)
- Attending clinics on PAS
- Booking appointments up to 6 weeks, adding patient to waiting lists, discharging patients, booking ambulance, booking interpreter
- Make appointments appropriate to their urgency to ensure patients of the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order
- Ensure all documentation is appropriate and up to date when patient attends the Hospital
- Ensure clinic capacity is utilised to the optimum level through the close monitoring of all available clinic slots, taking appropriate action in partnership with the clinic co-ordinator
- Request and print letters, documents, labels and reports using various electronic systems i.e. Patient Centre; PAS, Other Hospital systems and databases for Outpatient Clinics preparation, Validation etc.
- Adhering to General Health and Safety policies and procedures including the transportation & storage of patient case notes
- To liaise with consultants, GP's, medical secretaries, nurse specialists and reception staff to make appointments
- To ensure that when adding patients to the waiting list all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times
- Handle all telephone calls in a courteous and pleasant manner
- Ensuring all patients are offered appropriate appointments in line with IEAP partial booking guidelines
- All post holders will be required to adopt a flexible approach to work such hours as are required to meet the needs of the service
- 4 GCSE's at C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification
- One year's administrative experience including experience working in an outpatients department
- Experience of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of PAS system
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link. Closing date for applications will be Friday 16th October 2020.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.