Band 3 Discharge Secretary
|Salary||Up to £11.11 per hour|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Jamie Leetch|
Staffline has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin and Clerical roles throughout the province.
Band 3 Discharge Secretary is required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Discharge Secretary
Rate of Pay: £11.11 per hour
- Arrange and provide administrative support.
- Provide secretarial services to Community Discharge Service and professional team, including organizing and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Act as first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate and maintaining service availability lists.
- Carry out general reception duties including processing of incoming and outgoing mail, greeting visitors and booking of meetings rooms (via Outlook Calendar or manual diary).
- Take appropriate action in relation telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes.
- Taking of minutes and typing of same.
- Complete administrative tasks including photocopying, emailing and scanning of documentation as required.
- Undertake filing and maintain an efficient, up-to-date record keeping system, in line with Records Management protocol.
- Provide clerical support to other members of staff within the team/department and provide cover as required for other clerical staff within the division during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Process, follow-up and receipt of supplies and equipment.
- Liaise with other internal departments and external stakeholders in relation to regional referrals and NHSCT bed flow.
- Input and extract information from various computerised systems.
- Collect and collate statistical information and develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Create and maintain patient information leaflets in support of specific departmental screening programme.
- Control access to, and share information in, shared folders.
- Monitor central email accounts and action referrals or bed requests.
- In agreement with Departmental Managers, receive and send e-mails on behalf of the professional team/nurse specialist
- Participate in on the job training of new staff including office processes and use of computer systems.
- Request patient notes for upcoming clinics/make up new patient charts for new patient appointments- arrange review /new patient clinic appointments.
- Book interpreters when required
4 GCSEs to include English (Grade A*- C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
GCSE English Grade A*-C AND 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess a qualification in an IT/Keyboarding/Word Processing related subject OR have one years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Jamie Leetch will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.