Band 3 Education Facilities Support Officer
Band 3 Education Facilities Support Officer will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £10.40 p/h
Location: Education Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital
Duration: 6m ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will work as an integral part of the Education team and will carry out duties to facilitate the day-to-day organisation of training facilities. They will provide a customer / user facing service ensuring optimal support and user experience by meeting the needs of staff, customers, and visitors efficiently and professionally. The main elements of the role include managing electronic bookings, customer / user interface, reception duties, providing support to the audio-visual team, room set-up, catering arrangements, maintaining the aesthetics of facilities including spot cleaning, liaison with estates, security and suppliers, and procurement of educational and catering supplies. The post-holder will be required to work closely with providers of support services (including cleaning, catering, estates, environmental, Portering, supplies and security staff). The post holder will undertake other duties as required to ensure the environment is welcoming, comfortable, and meets the needs of individual users and types of events. Due to the nature of the support provided, it will be necessary on occasions for the post-holder to work early in the morning or into the evening. This will be by prior arrangement with management. The post holder will work under the direction of the Technical, Facilities & Simulation Manager.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides reception duties and support at training events delivered within education facilities.
- Meet and greet users on arrival at educational facilities in a professional and courteous manner, provide any relevant information required, and ensure that all customers or visitors are being dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Provides guidance and orientation to visitors / course participants on facilities available.
- Communicates effectively with multidisciplinary users, including senior managers, ensuring their needs are known and met.
- Ensure customers/users are kept fully informed of any issues likely to affect their booking, including room relocations, delays, cancellations, rescheduling and technical issues.
- Maintain reception electronic notice boards daily.
- Deals with external centre users, maintaining effective working relationships, receives and passes on messages, and maintains high standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and department business.
- Monitors and controls appropriate access to the Centre.
- Liaises with Trust catering department, and where appropriate external caterers, to ensure timely and appropriate arrangements are in place. Co-ordinates changes in catering requirements that may arise.
- Coordinates room preparation including set up / break down for training events which have specific requirements, for example workshops, while adhering to Trust safety protocols.
- Provide preparation and planning support for clinical exams and major regional and national training and conference events.
- Monitors consumables and has responsibility for using the E-Procurement system for provisions and requisitions as assigned.
- Maintains process and generates information from the booking system to prepare invoices in respect of centre income.
- Liaises with estates and service contractors to ensure maintenance and repair across facilities and works to ensure safety with minimal disruption to service delivery. Reports faults of equipment, furniture, fixtures, and fittings and keeps manager informed of progress and resolution.
- Responsible for opening and closing facilities as required, liaising with security as appropriate.
- Provides maintenance / aesthetics support in IT training facilities / rest facilities under the remit of Medical Education.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe, clean and tidy environment, equipment and stores, across all facilities in accordance with Belfast Trust policies. Actively promotes adherence.
- Always promotes the adherence to the BHSCT infection control procedures.
- Engage the services of external contractors in maintaining facilities e.g., window blind maintenance, and specialist cleaning of chairs and other equipment.
- Operates electronic booking systems in order to schedule bookings across a range of facilities across the Trust. Utilises the systems to maintain information on specific booking requests, plan events, arrange audio-visual activities, produces usage reports and adhoc analysis, in accordance with robust information governance.
- Contribute knowledge and experience to a project to review and align booking systems across all sites.
- To promote the corporate values and culture of the organisation through the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures, and appropriate personal behaviour.
- To ensure effective decision-making, and responsibility and accountability for areas of work
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's at grade A-C (or equivalent) including English Language and one year's experience providing facilities, audio-visual and administrative support within an education or healthcare environment.
- Two years' experience providing facilities, audio-visual and administrative support within an education or healthcare environment.
- Computer skills including knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Experience of videoconferencing.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy working environment, including meeting a range of priorities.
- Ability to use initiative and work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Good organisational, prioritisation, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop good working relationships with all grades and professions.
- Physical capability required for room set up and equipment movement.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment and ability to work flexibly (some evenings, early morning and weekend work will occasionally be required).
- Awareness in relation to medical and dental education.
- Knowledge of Trust policies in relation to facilities such as Fire Safety, Health and Safety, Moving and Handling, Data Protection, and Infection Control.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hollie McArthur. Hollie.Mcarthur@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.